Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Weather

Still no real rain. A few sprinkles, but I want a long, gloomy, steady, pervasive downpour. I even tempted fate by not travelling with my umbrella when the clouds were threatening. No such luck. They know I want rain, and are saving it all for yarngirl! *pout*

;)

Nothing exciting on the crochet front. Today's bus ride saw some more progress on the Easter egg socks (now guiltily in the sidebar), and tonight I frogged two socks to just below the heel: the other blue, and the first cream. I'm leaving the second cream for comparison purposes... I want to make sure the ankles are correct. I'll frog it after I figure out what I want to do. And no, I didn't restart crocheting them tonight. (Bad again!)

Even though I haven't started them, I think I ought to add Josie's socks to the sidebar. Since they're promised to her and I've received the yarn, they're effectively WIPs. I'm not looking at my sidebar right now, but I think that makes a round dozen WIPs! Yikes! Time to finish some of these off! Maybe I'll crank out the felted slippers this weekend. They're a bulky crochet, and so should go fast. I had stopped working on them because I think the current size will end up too big, so I need to whip out my pencil and paper and do some real math, rather than just guestimating.

It's getting late, so I think I'll head to bed. I think I may do a few rows on the Weasley, just to feel like I've made some forward progress on my UFOs. (Fresh ball on smaller needles, to see if gauge works better.) I think the meditative stockinette will prepare me for sleep nicely.

I enjoyed Gilmore Girls again tonight, but my emotional level doesn't really like where they left us hanging tonight. :P Then I discovered I can watch House in focus. :) Strange show, but intriguing.

1 comment:

noricum said...

Darn. We didn't even get that! Just enough to almost get the sidewalk wet. :P