Thursday, April 07, 2005

Mud

Well, it stopped raining well before the time I left, so I didn't get wet on the way home. The pollen had started coming back out, but it wasn't as bad as this morning. However, my words on mud this morning were very prophetic:

Oooo... and a complementary side of trash! How kind. At least I know I won't be serenaded by jackhammers tomorrow morning.

RSI question: besides the regular carpal tunnel pain, the fleshy area below my thumb is feeling bruised, and possibly also warmer than other areas of my body. Is this caused by carpal tunnel too, or is it a different RSI problem? Just curious. I need to go see my doc about my antidepressants (Katie, I don't have your e-mail... I don't think), so I'll ask him about this too. If I remember. My memory is rather sieve-like.

For a change, I tried knitting tonight, and I think I actually succeeded!

That's the back of my Weasley cast on (using the method Margaret showed me the other night at SNB), one row of purl stitches, followed by one row of knit stitches. My tension is all over the place, but hey, it sure looks like knitting! Of course, it's a bit hard to tell with only two rows done. I'll let you know how it looks once I have a few more done. ;)

For this first one I'm following the funny pattern that came with the yarn. It is indeed a bit different from the Rowan pattern. I'm guessing that might be to account for the different gauge of the Rowan yarn, but I could be wrong. Once I finish this one, I'll order some Rowan Felted Tweed, and use the Rowan pattern.

It turns out the Alison effect is quite consistent (March 22nd and April 6th), although this time I got slightly more visits, and slightly fewer page views.

Fewer page views make sense, because those who visited me last time would have fewer new pages to browse. The slight rise April 4th & 5th is due to Dogs Steal Yarn.

Oh, Paulina, I answered your questions in the comments area.

Whee. I think my nose is bleeding again. Gee, I sure do like having allergies. :P Well, time to go to bed. The aspirin this morning seemed to really help my back, so maybe I'll take some more before going to bed tonight. (In case my wrist/thumb wants to take over stabbing me in the back.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure that's technically CTS but it's related as another RSI. I have that problem, too (as does my mom who also suffers from CTS).

woo on the knitting! :)