Thursday, April 28, 2005

Addiction

Hello, my name is Andrea, and I am addicted to crocheting socks. Case in point:



These are my current socks in progress. Clockwise, from top left, they are: Josie's socks, Easter egg socks, blue cotton socks (in order to get to the other end of the dark blue ball I wrapped it around the nearly completed sock), sockapalooza cream, sockapalooza blue, and finally Bob's socks. (I won't be seeing Bob until August, so those have low priority.) The sockapalooza socks *were* completed socks, but they are being frogged and redone.

Tonight I finished off two more afghan squares:



I had made the green square and center of the gray square previously, and then added the finishing touches tonight. (The flowers on the green, and the gray border on the other.) Now I have 16 out of 63 squares done... I'm slooooowly getting closer to a real blanket. :)

And for other miscellaneous stuff, I figured out how to fix two problems. The first, I was having a problem with the zipper of the main compartment of my backpack coming open whenever I filled it too full. (Ie, all the time.) I solved that with a carabeener clip through the top handle and both zipper pulls:



Sorry about the not-so-great photo. (Note the Canadian flag! I actually sewed it on!) It still comes open a bit sometimes, but never enough for anything to fall out. The second, I fixed the reception on my radio:



It's supposed to have good reception, but I think they must have been talking about AM, because the dinky little antenna didn't do squat for FM. I'm a bit annoyed... this wisk, which is the one I actually use, gets much better reception than the whisk that I never use (and thus don't care if it sits up there getting dusty). The white eraser prevents the whisk from sliding around to where it doesn't get good reception.

Tomorrow a lady from Freecycle is supposed to come pick up my old mattress. I've been holding off doing my floors partially until I got that out of the way... well, that and I'm lazy.

I was going to ride my exercise bike tonight, but I kept sneezing unless I had kleenex shoved up my nose. I didn't feel like exercising with kleenex shoved up my nose. I'd prefer to be able to breathe easier before I get my big behind back on the bike. But I *do* need to get back on... my jeans have been feeling tight. :P

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the squares! they look great!

sock of the month club... how tempting! not that I can knit socks no matter how much I try. :)

pfirsch said...

I posted a comment when I first saw this post, but I apparently forgot to publish it. Oh well. I was thrilled to see my socks in the mix.

If you want, I can send you my sock yarn. I'm SO not going to use it. Plus, there will be a few less things to pack.

noricum said...

Actually, you published it under a different post... one where I mentioned them, but didn't show a picture.

If you don't want it, I'd love to have your sock yarn. :) Although you might discover you want to give it a try after I send you yours. ;)