Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Rain Drops Keep Falling On My Head

It's another lovely drippy day today! I still don't have a front sidewalk, so my hole has filled with mud again, but at least the air is clear. I brought an old pair of sandals in to work so I don't have to wear sneakers all day. This pair is still quite comfortable, but they have big cracks across each sole, and thus funnel water up to my feet whenever it rains. However, it rarely rains inside the office, especially since they fixed the leak around my window. ;)

I'm happy. I slept too late, but that's because I was up late working on my taxes. Hopefully I'll finish earlier tonight, and can get up at a more reasonable time tomorrow. It was nice sleeping last night... the temperatures have cooled off, but I haven't turned the heat back on. It got down to a nice 60F overnight. I had my quilt and my cotton blanket, plus I draped my snuggly green housecoat over the top half and my head. Hmmm... I wonder if I could buy some of that housecoat material to make a blanket out of? It is *so* snuggly! Of course, I don't really need more temptation to stay in bed in the mornings. ;)

It's WOW Wednesday again, and I'm a bit annoyed with myself. Last Wednesday I had a kind of lame WOW post, but then thought of a really great, wow-worthy WOW as I left the department. I didn't feel like digging in my bag for pen and paper while I was walking to the bus stop, and figured I could remember it until I got home. Unfortunately, I have a mind like a steel sieve, and although I remember *having* the thought perfectly, I cannot for the life of me remember what the WOW itself was. :P I'll try to think of a good WOW to post later today.

No comments: