Sunday, April 24, 2005

Looking for a new house?

My grandma passed away last year, and we're trying to sell the home she and my had grandfather lived in. Looking for a new home near Drayton, ON? Check it out! The house is in the countryside, and the closest town is actually Elmira, but that's a pretty dinky little town, from what I remember. Drayton is bigger. Waterloo isn't too far away, either. (One option I considered for undergrad was living with my grandmother and attending the University of Waterloo... but I wasn't big on living with my grandmother. She's Roman Catholic, and I'm not. Not a good living situation... for me.) Hmmm... looking at mapquest, Elmira is about halfway between Waterloo and Drayton, but possibly a bit closer to Waterloo.

The house is awesome, and *huge*. It's even got it's own wine cellar! (My grandfather's family was in the wine making business over in Austria.) Some things, like the cabinets, are a bit dated, but the place is like a mansion (to me). It's got five bedrooms, three bathrooms, an enormous kitchen with eating area, plus informal and formal dining rooms. There's both informal and formal living rooms, plus rec rooms (yes, plural) in the basement. There's a cold cellar plus other rooms in the basement. *Huge* yard. (It is in the countryside, after all.) My dad did some calling, and the place is located where it can get some sort of highspeed internet if an antenna is installed.

If you know anyone who's interested, would you point them that way? Pleeeze?

I told my dad I'd put a link up. Advertising by me is now done. ;) (But do check it out... it's a great place.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice house! Unfortunately I'm not in the market for a house in ON right now... :)

Daph said...

Holy cow, that place is ENORMOUS! If I had lottery winnings I would snatch it up in a heartbeat! Plus, having a house in Canada would just rock. I hope it sells quickly, I'm keeping my fingers crossed. If I meet anyone looking to buy a home in Canada I will certainly point them your way. :)

~drew emborsky~ said...

I would love to live in that house? 5 acres, 3100 square feet and for that $$?? It's a steal!!

Anonymous said...

I have added you to Blogs I read. I would give my eye teeth to live in N.C. All my family was born there, my parents went to Virgina when I was born but I still feel like I am from NC, I love the place. You have a great blog I'll be back. Tink