Saturday, April 23, 2005

Early

My mattress was supposed to arrive between 12 and 3. Around 10:45 I get around to having my shower... no problem, I think, since it's still well over an hour before my mattress is supposed to arrive. I have *plenty* of time. I didn't sleep that late, but I was puttering around before my shower. Anyway, I'm drying off around 11, and here my phone ring. Must be the mattress people letting me know they're on their way. (I don't get many phone calls.) I go answer the phone. Surprise. Turns out they're early, and they're sitting outside my place. Eeek! I'm only wearing my birthday suit! I ask them to wait five minutes, throw on whatever's at the top of my drawers, and then wave to let them know it's safe. ;)

It's a *nice* mattress. I got a "bunkie board" too, because there's spaces between the support slats on my bed. Between the little bit added by the bunkie board, and the huge amount added by the padding on my new mattress, I'm going to have to *climb* into bed now! I'll be lying up there in the morning, and reach *down* for the snooze button on my alarm! (Possibly a good thing... I need to use the snooze button less.) I measured, and my bed is now 27" above the floor. On the plus side, I won't have to bend over as much when I fold my laundry. ;)

And, since they were early, I now have plenty of time to go out and run my errands. :) See you later! I'm off... (sneeze, snuffle)

1 comment:

Jewels said...

ooooh eeeeeee, congrats on new mattress! Sounds like those ones I see in store displays that look so comfy but I'd have to use a stepladder or pole vault into bed! You MUST have been tempted for a nap today on it!!