Thursday, April 07, 2005

Lucky

I feel that I've been really lucky this term. I have lots of friends that stop by and say hi on my blog... I've discovered I have a great friend in Kelli... I get fun stuff in the mail, including RAOKs, yarn (admittedly mostly ordered by me), and BCBSNC exercise rewards... and then, last night, my slideshow won second place in a contest! Here's a photo of my speaker box:

You can watch my slideshow here. Watch out, though... it's a large file. I call it "walking through campus on a beautiful spring day". It's photos I took around campus... with a bit of a twist. ;) (If you want to know the twist, you have to watch the slideshow.)

I think I'll talk to my doctor about going off antidepressants... I think I may be ready now.

Thanks, everyone, for making my life happier! Although I do blog more for myself than for the sake of getting readers, it's been fun meeting all of you (and hearing from pre-existing friends), and thanks for stopping by and saying hi!

3 comments:

KelliAmanda said...

Awwww!!! Thanks! I'm very glad we've gotten to know each other, and still glad (for me, anyway!) that you're around here another year. Not that I don't want you to graduate... ;-) but I think I will be sad when you do. Happy and sad, at the same time.

Now would probably be a good time to try going off the ADs, b/c the days are still getting longer. Once those days start getting shorter again, after the summer solstice, you may discover how much of your depression is SAD and how much "regular" depression. I'm afraid that I'm finding more and more that mine is directly related to the days getting longer or shorter. Sigh.

Anonymous said...

I love your slideshow! That's great! :)

[and I forgot how much UNC campus looks like Tech campus until now. I haven't been there in years... though maybe it's all the brick and the ever-present construction that makes me think that. :) ]

I'm glad I've "met" you! :)

Anonymous said...

What a great slideshow! The song and images brought a smile to my face, especially since the whole sequence is a loop of locations that I can imagine walking along. It's cool to think "Oh, I know that place. Oh, that next photo is just down the sidewalk from there!"

Re: antidepressants, if you ever want someone with experience in that area to talk to, feel free to email me. I've pretty much come to the conclusion that I'll be taking them my whole life, but the issue of whether or not it's possible to go off them is something I've often grappled with.