Sunday, April 10, 2005

Short Update

Just a quick update tonight... I've still got lots to do, and not much weekend left.

I had a nice phone call with my mom this morning, followed by washing nearly a week's worth of dishes. Blech. But, now I have lots of clean dishes. ;) I managed to finish with a few minutes to spare before S & L came over. We went to the Carborro Arts and Crafts Market, which ended up being kind of lame... one of the organizers forgot to remind vendors to come, so there were only six there. One guy with soap etc, one with turned wood stuff, a lady with knit & crochet stuff, a guy with laminated wood cutting boards, a lady with beaded jewelry, and a guy with interesting concrete stuff. I bought some cedar scraps from the cutting board guy to stick in my drawers and yarn boxes. (Um, yeah, I have box*es*, plural. Must work at stash reduction!) Afterwards we wandered over to the NC Crafts Gallery, and I bought myself a really nifty "soft sculpture" of a person holding a heart, which I plan to hang on my Christmas tree. This'll be my second handmade NC ornament, and third counting the manufactured UNC ball. Then, since we were right by Thimble Pleasures and Yarns, etc, we had a wander through both. ;) My budget didn't let me buy more stuff from Thimble Pleasures (I still need to use up what I already have), but I did buy a little bag of alpaca/tussah silk fibre to try spinning. It was only $3... it's not enough to make something with the resulting yarn, but I was curious to see how it spun. The other bags were all larger... I guess this one was some leftovers.

Afterwards we came back, and I started teaching L to crochet, while S made a better potholder. L picked up the motion pretty quickly, but she got frustrated, so played with my needles to see if she could remember how to knit. I worked on my weasley, and now have 4 cm! I think I'm getting the hang of this knitting thing. :))

After they left I had a nice dinner and did my grocery shopping. That reminds me... I picked up some of the regular Chlorox toilet bowl cleaner... that stupid teflon stuff doesn't seem to agree with me. My toilet is dirty yet again. I've signed up for Freecycle, and I think I'll get rid of the teflon stuff, plus some other clutter, on that. After all, maybe someone likes the teflon stuff better than I do. ;)

Notice anything missing? Yeah, that would be my taxes. :P I don't think I have a hope of finishing them tonight (not if I want to get up tomorrow at a reasonable hour), so I'll just gather all the stuff I need as a start. Then I'll watch Gray's Anatomy and go to bed. Tomorrow I have a doctor's appointment at a time that counts as "fairly early" to me, and I also need to slice up my cabbage for this week's salads in the morning. I *could* do that tonight, but I really don't feel like it. :P

I hope your weekend has been as nice!

No comments: