Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Continuing Adventures of Goggle Geek

I had one of my favourite bus drivers today, and he asked if I hadn't waited a bit late to start the allergy prevention. I explained that it took me a while to figure out the goggle trick. He wanted to know how I could see anything with my goggles fogging up. I actually prefer it that way... because I'm not wearing my glasses, my eyes stress themselves out trying to focus, until the goggles fog up... at which point, they realize they can't see anything anyway, and relax. Telling your eyes not to bother focussing is hard. The lady sitting in the seat across from me got a chuckle out of that... but thought the goggles were a good idea. ;)

(begin rant) I've been trying to abstain from pope-bashing, but one comment on the news last night rather got to me... they were talking about the church's attitude on women, and the fact that they're basically second class citizens (my words, not theirs), and also about the church's attitude on condoms, etc. I remember hearing one high-up guy in the church saying something about how mature religions resist change. Well, maybe some of the church's ideas are mature (love thy neighbour, etc), but others were formed back in the dark ages, and could really use a rewrite. Yoo-hoo, you might want to notice a very large portion of your congregation is now in third world countries, and if you're not careful, you're going to lose them to AIDS. :P And what's the deal about not letting women be priests, huh? It's not like you're overflowing with priests at the moment. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth. (end rant)

I've got a coupon for CafePress now, and will be placing my order soon. The first five people to e-mail me will get a coupon. :) Haven't seen it yet? Go check out the nifty Crochetville store! Woolie Bobbin says you need some of his stuff. ;) (No, I'm not profiting on this... I don't want to get kicked out of the US.)

No comments: