Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Spring

Spring has sprung,
The grass is riz,
I know where the pollen is.

:P

Ah, spring, my least favourite season. The season that delights in making me miserable. The season where I take antihistamines, wear dust masks, and wash my face every time I come indoors. How I wish I could go to the moon during spring. There's no pollen on the moon, right? ;)

Blech. My eyes and nose declare today the first day of Spring.

Kelli, we can't go on walks anymore... not until summer. :P Unless you feel like doing laps of the building? Or I could join you in your office for lunch, and we could at least get our chat time in. ;)

5 comments:

~drew emborsky~ said...

Helpful hint: Eat a cantaloupe once a week and your outdoor allergies will reduce significantly. You see, the cantaloupe is a cousin of ragweed and helps you build an immunity. It takes a while to kick in but you'll be glad you did it. :)

KelliAmanda said...

I love the poem. ;-)

I don't know about doing building laps...I prefer to not have to do stairs too much, b/c it's hard on the knees, but we can still do lunch! And start again with the walking in summer? When do your allergies become less severe?

Anonymous said...

aii! one of my sisters had allergies that awful (she got teased terribly in elementary school for the few times she went out at recess with a mask on; the other times she had to stay inside)... now she's on a few medications and it helps her so at least she doesn't have to walk outside with a face mask from March to July.

:/

noricum said...

That's weird... blogger only told me about Jess' comment. :P

I can't eat cantaloupe... I'm allergic to it. The only melon I can eat is watermelon. Would that work?

I can never remember how long my allergies hang around, but I'll let you know when they ease off. :P

noricum said...

Wow, that sucks. I feel for you and your cat.

I can't eat many fruits and vegetables, but I can eat some. It's frustrating, though, when we're told to eat lots of fruits and vegetables. Which?!? :P