Friday, April 29, 2005

Inchworm...

...inchworm,
Measuring the marigolds,
Seems to me
You'd stop and see
How beautiful
They are.

Anne Murray was my favourite singer as a child. One summer I played her tape "Hippo in My Bathtub" until I wore the batteries out on my radio. They were generic batteries. If you want some long lasting batteries, check out the No Name ones at Superstore. My mom was convinced she'd go crazy before those batteries wore out! (We were at the lake, where there's no electricity.) Some day I'm going to buy myself the CD version... I'd like to play it when I'm feeling nostalgic. ;)

Tonight I inched along on my LB Homespun torture test throw, and got a few more rows done. I went really slowly so as to not aggravate my wrists. I think I managed about 1/4 of a skein. My wrists feel pretty good. :) There's hope I'll finish without severe RSI!!! (It'll just be a loooong time... compared to my normal rate.)

I made some more progress on Josie's socks today too... on the bus to and from school, and a bit while I was reading. I'm trying to figure out how to read papers and crochet at the same time... it makes me slow down and think about what I'm reading (not that I *need* to read slower... just think faster), and also prevents me from dozing off after a few paragraphs. ;)

Um, what else. Oh... on the topic of reuse, my old mattress was picked up by a lady I contacted on Freecycle, and her son likes the mattress! Now we're both happy. :)) I gave her the foam mattress topper I had bought for it too... I *don't* need it with my lovely new mattress. Speaking of which, we have a date scheduled for about now... good night! ;)

(Goggle Geek wants to say she's in storage... today's rain temporarily eliminated the need for her! But she will return again... when the skies are yellow, and the pain is great!)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I used to love Anne Murray too...but I listened more to her Christmas albums, and still do. I really liked alot of her songs, and my mom played them quite often. I didn't hear Inchworm until I grew up, though, and it seemed so sad.

noricum said...

Inchworm is pretty sad. It just seemed suited to my throw progress... it's inching along. I had that one tape of hers as a child, and haven't actually heard any of her other music, besides snippets in TV commercials. It seems she only did one kids record, and her other stuff is quite different. The other songs on the record were more cheerful.