Saturday, April 16, 2005

Boy Washie

The Yarn Harlot has Mr Washie. My washer & dryer is a conjoined unit, so I think I'll call mine Boy Washie. I have yet to name his twin.

Boy Washie gets a post today, because he's not feeling well. He did one load of laundry like a good boy this morning. I put a second load in before I left to go to the farmer's market and mattress shopping. (The new mattress arrives next Saturday!) When I came back, I decided to eat lunch before continuing with the laundry. As I was sitting and eating, Boy Washie groaned. It was odd, because he should have been done making noises by the time I got back. I opened up the lid, and discovered that Boy Washie had skipped the spin cycle. (The noise was him draining some water that had dripped out of the clothing.)

I put in a maintenance call, but they won't look at it until Monday. (Unless I want to make it an "emergency maintenance" issue, but it's not on their list of what counts as emergency.) Luckily a friend of mine is home, and also has a unit with a Mr Washie, so some of my laundry has gone over to visit her. Most of what was left can wait, but I was in the middle of washing my bedding. I didn't feel like going without bedding until sometime early next week. :P

No comments: