Monday, May 09, 2005

Blargh

Yuck. Allergies are acting up again. :P At first I thought it was because I went grocery shopping last night without wearing my mask, but now I'm suspecting the "free lounger" (aka "spine-crusher"... it was a heafty thing to lug home with my groceries) is off-gassing. I woke up this morning with swolen eyelids and a stuffed up nose. I've offered the lounger on freecycle (I don't really have a need for it anyway), so it'll be leaving soon. In fact, as soon as I get home, it's going out to the back porch. Of course, that doesn't get rid of any chemicals that have already permeated my apartment... and since it's spring, I can't just open the windows. :P

The kleenex up my nose has stopped the sneezing, but it's irritating the lining of my nose today. So, instead of sneezing, I hve a lovely burning feeling. Joy.

Aren't you glad you're not me? Maybe if I'm lucky, Antonio Banderas will buzz over and offer me some "seasonal allergy medication". ;)

Well, I should go finish off a bit of coding before my 2pm meeting. Later!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What is a "lounger"? I've got no clue what you're talking about. I'm wondering if it's a Canadian/American thing, or just an object that I never knew had a proper name.

noricum said...

"Lounger" is what Harris Teeter is calling it. It's basically a lawn chair... the kind with the foot part. I don't know if that's it's proper name, or just the name that HT gave it. ;)

Anonymous said...

Ah, okie. And they were giving these away for free?

Obviously it's not very nice to you. But is it something that an average person would consider nice?

Anonymous said...

Errr....that was me.

noricum said...

Yeah, it was one of their deals where if you spent more than $40 on groceries for a certain number of weeks you got one. (Remember that free Thanksgiving turkey we got? Same deal.)

Not nice for hyper-allergic me, but the person from Freecycle that I gave it to is very happy. I'm sure many people will enjoy theirs... I just don't sit around outside much, and I can't store it in the house. I should have just stuck with my first instinct to not accept it. I was ignoring the fact that I earned it, but then the helpful cashier pointed it out, and said I could pick it up...