Monday, May 23, 2005

Quick, Boring.

I'm back. Plane was an hour late leaving, but I stayed on the same plane for my connection, so that was fine... it just meant I got home late. The first load is still in the dryer, and I need to dry the second load before I can go to bed... my mattress pad, pillowcases, and pajamas were in the first (along with some other stuff), and the sheets and blanket were in the second. Looks like it'll be a late night. :(

I can get away without grocery shopping, I think. I'll need to make pita bread, but I'll leave that tomorrow. For some reason, my dishes didn't wash themselves while I was away, so they're still dirty. I had a bowl of cereal upon arriving home (I was starving), and then scrounged up a clean pot and pan to cook dinner. (Noodles with parmesan cheese, and the NC version of "Canadian bacon".) It's late, but since I have to wait for my laundry anyway, I think I'll do my dishes now.

My allergies are acting up. Sneezing, sniffling, itchy eyes, itchy nose, sinus headache... the whole bit. Joy. I'm not sure what the cause is. It started in Boston, but is definitely continuing here. The Chapel Hill forecast is medium pollen level for "Grass, Hickory/Pecan and Sorrel/Dock," but I may only be having a continuing reaction to something in Boston. I'll see what I'm like tomorrow.

Dryer stopped... off to flip the laundry.

I'm back.

I was a hit at show & tell today. Exhausting stuff, though. The teacher gave me a nice stainless steel travel mug to say thanks. It was cool getting it, but now I have two, and I have yet to use the first.

I didn't win the logo contest. Dang. *sigh* Oh well... there were a lot of nice designs, so I had tough competition.

Yesterday was fun... we went to the Higgins Armory Museum. I have pictures, but I'm too tired/lazy to post some now. Maybe I will tomorrow. Or maybe not. ;)

I finished the secret project. I'll post pictures after the recipient gets it. I'm not sure if she reads my blog (...often... she has on occasion).

I'm not sure what else to say, except I wish I could have gone to bed a few hours ago. *sigh* I think I need to try this going to bed around 8 or 9 like my cousin's family does. It shouldn't be too hard now that there's nothing good on TV for the summer.

I did do some work on my dissertation this weekend... I implemented one feature, but there's a bug in it somewhere. I had planned to hunt that down today, but ended up napping on the plane, and doing chores tonight. I hope I can fix it quickly tomorrow before my advisor asks me how progress is...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad you're back!

I used to use my stainless steel mugs for water in the past... [I am so absent-minded that I lost two while travelling (once on a bus, once on a plane). ]

Deneen said...

Welcome back! The pollen is horrendous this year. I washed my car and within an hour, you wouldn't have known it. I laughed at your goggles til this past weekend and I wished for them. Still not confident enough to wear them though.