Thursday, May 26, 2005

Dangers of the Post Office

The easiest post office for me to get to is the one located in Student Stores, which also contains the campus bookstore. I have very little willpower when it comes to bookstores.

After mailing Alison's socks to her, I was curious whether the bookstore had any German books. It turns out they do have a few! I wasn't interested in the fairy tales, short stories, and some of the genres, but they did have a few I thought were interesting. :) I didn't want to pay ~$60 for the Lord of the Rings trilogy, so that left "Pu baut ein Haus" or "Der Kleine Prinz." I decided to go for "Pu baut ein Haus" ($12), and come back for "Der Kleine Prinz" ($10) another day. Yes, they're both kids books, but my German is a bit rusty.

I've always had a soft spot for Winnie the Pooh, given Winnie's history. ;)

No comments: