Saturday, May 14, 2005

Today

I didn't sleep well last night... I kept having the strangest dreams. Subsequently it took me forever to get out of bed this morning.

Thanks everyone for the comments on Darth Tater! :) I'm considering giving him irises, but I haven't decided yet.

Today is laundry day. Whee. I finally (eventually) did my dishes... but not before eating several meals consisting of cereal.

I was going to catch the 2:15 bus over to Burger King (for the toys) and library (to renew some books), but was running late, and threw the door open just as the bus roared past. Whoops. However, my open door revealed a RAOK! I got some lovely knitpicks sock yarn, and a MDS&W keychain!!! The sock yarn is "Dancing," in the colour "Jig"... and is really nice! It's soft. I wonder if it will work up with the pseudo stripes if I crochet the socks? I hope so! It has elastic, but the elastic runs down the center, so hopefully it won't be a problem. At first I said I had to finish all my current socks before starting this pair, but I'm wavering. Now I'm going to try to at least finish the cream sockapalooza socks first. ;)

I caught the 3:15 bus, no problem. It goes right by BK... but BK didn't have the star wars toys in yet. I didn't have to wait long for the return bus, because BK is close to where the bus turns around and comes back. I got off near the library and tried to renew my book, but it turns out we only get one renewal, and online vs in person doesn't matter. :P *sigh* I wrote down the page number and turned it in. I did pick up two new books... Hip to Crochet, which has a cardigan pattern I like (but pretty much nothing else), and a book on gingerbread houses... it had some neat tips. I need to decide how I'm going to "one up" the gingerbread treehouse I made last Christmas. The treehouse was *fun*!

Since the next bus wasn't for quite a while, I walked over to the mall and browsed one of the shops there. I got an interesting "posable magnetic sculpture" of this ridiculous looking cat for my brother for his birthday. It was $5, and he likes getting strange gifts. ;) I also found a father's day card for my dad. There's a thought bubble above a man's head that says "step one... cook book," and the man is lowering the book into boiling water. ;) (Step two: have a happy father's day!) My dad doesn't know about my blog. My brother does, but doesn't read it.

Tonight I did a few more rows on Weasley, and added a bit to socka cream. Yes, socka cream is now going forward, rather than reverse! I wonder if Alison got her blue socks yet (they went air mail), and if they actually fit this time. I sure *hope* so! On the up side, I am getting good at coaxing wool sock yarn to frog. ;)

*sigh* ...back to that dang paper review. I'm tired and want to go to bed, but the review is due today. Grump. I should have skipped the shopping trip, but my library books were due.

No comments: