Saturday, June 11, 2005

Weasley Vote

Here's the situtation:
1. I'm nearly finished the back of the kid-sized Weasley.
2. I'm fairly confident at this point that I'm not going to have enough yarn to complete the kid-sized Weasley.
3. Rowan Felted Tweed is *expensive*... especially enough to make a Weasley for me.
What am I thinking? Order a second Weasley kit in the same colour, hope the dye lots are fairly close, and start over, making a Weasley for me by combining the two kits. Does this make sense? What would you do?

In other news, my Pakucho cotton arrived yesterday:
Pakucho Organic Cotton
Isn't it neat? Looking at the catalog, I thought I liked "Forest" best, but seeing it in person, I *love* the "Chocolate"!

Also, I headed over to the farmer's market this morning ($4 for a pint of blueberries, but boy were they good! How many "servings" of fruit are in a pint? I'm wondering if I made my recommended daily intake today...), then stopped in at the quilt shop (for some fabric), and the yarn shop (to kill time while I was waiting for the bus). Ivy, Amy and I had an impromptu SNB. It was fun! (I can't go to the regular evening SNB nights because the busses don't run late enough in the summer. There is a Saturday afternoon SNB, but it's at a bar, and I'm not fond of bars.) Here's Ivy showing off her fabulous new shades:
Ivy
It's a small world... Ivy is dating a member of my CS department, so I told her she should visit me there some time. ;) Update: I forgot to mention that Ivy was knitting an amazing pair of socks... right off the spindle from yarn she spun herself! The colours were absolutely gorgeous!

Here's Amy:
Amy
Amy will be moving north to take a library science degree at one of the SUNY universities. She doesn't want to do it here because she's really interested in the textile preservation that SUNY offers. (I think I remembered their names correctly... I suck at names.) We talked about things like how low-rise pants are stupid, and how duty-free wine is *waaaay* better as a weapon than knitting needles and crochet hooks. I once again wowed all the customers that socks could, in fact, be crocheted. I also gave bad knitting advice to customers with questions. (I did warn them that I had only learned to knit, and hadn't gotten past rectangles.) I stayed until my stomach told me that I had waited *waaaay* too long for lunch, and then reluctantly said good-bye. (Note to self: next time, pack a lunch.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like a fun day! and wow, that cotton looks great! What are you planning to do with it again?

noricum said...

I did have a fun day! I'm going to try making a tank top out of the cotton. If that doesn't work, I'll have the coolest dishcloths around! ;)