Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Brazen Invasion

There seems to be an invasion of giant, brazen roaches today. They're about 2" long, and marching across the middle of the floor, bold as all getout. One sauntered from the student lounge into my office, then scurried behind the filing cabinet before I could get a good swing at it. The second was meandering down the hall. Deepak smashed it to bits before it could escape. That's only two so far, but both were in the past half hour. Plus, the first one is still in my office. *shudder*

I hate roaches. :P

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

yuck yuck yuck! a bug sprayer person told me that if roaches are ever out in daylight they are near death....so yippee for that. has someone sprayed recently? could be the reason they are so bold

noricum said...

I don't think anyone sprayed recently. I sure hope the sucker dies back there... I'd rather not see him again. :P

Anonymous said...

I love these socks. Would you share the pattern source? I love that you've chosen subtle colors, too.

noricum said...

A link to the pattern plus my (early) modifications are here... I've made a few additional modifications since I've written this up... I hope to document those changes too. The striping pattern is simply: ABBABAAB, with solid toes and heels.