Friday, June 10, 2005

Liquid Sunshine

It's a bright sunny day out, with a few puffy clouds up high... and it's pouring.

I'm *loving* my Easter egg socks! They're so soft, comfortable, and pretty! They fit perfectly too. :) (You know, at this point I should probably stop being surprised when my socks fit.) I got the yarn here, Meilenweit cotton stripe 351. I think I'm going to have to get some of that 336 too... once I've been good and gone through more of my stash, of course. ;) There's others calling to me too, but 336 comes first. ;)

I suppose I should "fess up" and admit that I bought some Pakucho Organic Cotton at Elann. I've never got to play with naturally coloured cotton before, and couldn't resist. I bought a ball of all 8 colours... and plan to make a funky tank. ;) If it works up and washes nicely, maybe I'll pick one of the colours to make a sweater. (Does anyone else find it funny that one of the colours is called "natural"? They're all "natural"!)

I'm still hoping to make a KnitPicks order, but I'll be good and hold to my promise. (I didn't wait for the Pakucho, because sometimes Elann sells out of stuff quickly.) I've now finished more than enough socks, and just need to finish off two large projects.

Looks like the rain has stopped, so I should pack my lunch and head in to school.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

evil evil, posting that sock yarn! :P

[mailed you the package today, sorry it's so late -- should be there monday]

noricum said...

*free* shipping... you *know* you want it!!! ;)

Not a problem with the package. :)

Oh, hey... I might be going to the farmer's market tomorrow morning... let me know if you want some more roving. I'll send you an e-mail in case you don't see this.