Monday, June 20, 2005

Galumphing

I needed a good walk, so went out galumphing. I galumphed over to the arboretum, galumphed several loops through the arboretum, then galumphed over to the bookstore. I had intended to get two books, some postcards, some envelopes, and some of that resist stuff used in watercolours. (Walking through the arboretum reminded me that I wanted to play with watercolours.) I couldn't find the resist stuff, nor the right sized envelopes. I did get some postcards (I wish they had a larger selection... I hope I don't send any repeats), and two books, although not the two books I had intended. I did get "Alta" by Mercedes Lackey, but instead of getting the latest paperback Pern novel by the McCaffreys (which wasn't in), I got "The Unhandsome Prince" by John Moore. (Who also wrote "Heroics for Beginners," which I haven't read either.) It looks to be an amusing light read.

I'm somewhat peeved to see that while I've been too busy to read, authors keep publishing! Sheesh. They don't publish enough when I do have time, and then when I don't... *poof* they overproduce. (Don't try to claim it has something to do with my reading speed.) It looked like there were tons of books I'd be interested in, but I managed to restrict myself to two. There's also sequels out to lots of books I've read... but I read them long enough ago that I'd have to re-read those earlier books... and I have even less time for that. I've got a whole *stack* of books on my nightside table!

I think it must be all this blog reading that's cutting into my fiction reading... I think I'll turn the tv off for the rest of the summer to catch up on all my reading!!!

No comments: