Thursday, June 16, 2005

Puppy Love

There's nothing like having a soft, fluffy puppy in your lap. Even if he likes chewing a bit, the puppy kisses totally make up for it! Soft, warm, alive... I'm in love! Unfortunately, with someone else's puppy. *sigh*

I met Rip (short for some variety of ripple ice cream... I forget which) over at Duke. I had a meeting with one of my committee memebers over there. Rip's a poodle something-or-other cross. (Okay... so I really wasn't paying attention to anything Rip's "daddy" was saying... I was totally engrossed with Rip... who I've renamed "Rip Chew.")

Lots of puppy snuggles and licking with no allergies!

Mmmmmm.... :))

In other news, the meeting went well, and I made lots of progress on Bob's socks on the way there and back. (I was feeling like I'd be carsick if I tried to work on my laptop... that happens occasionally.) On the way there, some nitwit was smoking for a bit. He stopped just as I figured out who it was. I'm not sure if he was doing it on purpose, or if he hadn't completely put out his cigarette before boarding, and didn't notice. However, it was lit long enough that it stank up the bus. :P Between the smoke and the heat (after exiting the bus... busses down here have AC, thank goodness!), I had a splitting headache by the time I got to the building where my meeting was. Luckily I had the puppy to make the nasty headache go away! ;)

... I am in puppy love!

No comments: