Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Socks & Restraint

Socks & Toe Socks
Socks & Toe Socks

Here's Bob's socks. (I still need to weave in the last ends, but they're basically done.) Also shown are the latest two pairs of toe socks for Grandma S (both using yarn from Jess) and the falling leaves sock in progress... in case anyone (besides me) is curious as to how the yarn is working up. There is some faint striping occasionally... it really is quite fascinating yarn.

I've decided to be good, show restraint, and not place an order from Knit Happens. I don't need the yarn right now, there will be other sales in the future, and finding a nice Noro/Cascade (or other solid coloured wool) combination will be easiest if I have the skeins in front of me.

I'm feeling pretty proud of myself, for being such a good girl!

The toe sock I'm working on currently is using the leftover variegated yarn from Bob's socks. I finished Bob's socks part way through a practice talk (black is a bit of a pain in a darkened room), and the leftovers is what I had with me to start toe socks. So I don't get to start the yummy Koigu just yet! ;)

My next pair of socks are some rainbow stripe Regia ones for my mom. (They need to be done by August, and falling leaves don't.)

Still no sign of my sockapal2za pal's sock yarn. It should arrive sometime this week.

I started reading Alta... I'll try not to stay up too late. ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i forgot that i sent you that funky green yarn! i thought I didn't. ah well. :)

congrats on finishing bob's socks (haven't they been in the works for a while?). :)

noricum said...

Bob has big feet, and likes tall socks. ;)

I figure that since the toe socks are so fast, it's no big loss if she doesn't like them. And who knows... maybe she will. ;)

noricum said...

You know, now that I think of it, they have been in progress for quite a while. I started them without the black stripes, decided I didn't have enough yarn, ordered the black, procrastinated ripping them back, started them again, got to about the heel, got distracted by redoing Alison's socks, then by other socks... yeah, it has been quite a while, and not just because he has big feet. ;)