Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Grommetless in NC

Dang. I just checked my Amazon order, and the estimated delivery for my grommet kit isn't until July 2-12. I WANT MY SHOWER CURTAIN! After all that work I put into it in the wee hours of the morning! *sigh* (I ordered the kit last week, and chose "super saver shipping"... no the grommet kit didn't cost $25, but I added two books to top up the order... nothing like needing an excuse to buy books. ;) )

Speaking of excuses to buy stuff... I'm somewhat peeved that Jess pointed out that Knit Happens is having a 20% off sale. (No, I'm not peeved with you Jess.) I'm over budget this month, and I'm trying to decide whether I can afford to splurge even more on yarn. *sigh* No, I don't *need* more yarn. I have planned projects coming out the wazoo. But I *want* some Noro Kureyon and Cascade 220 to make a fulled knit bag with a two-colour pattern. I had been planning on getting some Noro at Ram Wools when I was home in August, since I'd be able to look at the balls in person then. However, it'll be cheaper if I buy it now from Knit Happens. I'm thinking #40 for Noro, and Forest Heather for Cascade. Do you think that would make some neat Fair Isle style knitting? (I have until Friday to decide.) Juli is working on a booga bag from Noro 40, and has a good picture of the colourway (in partial bag form). I think the Forest Heather will provide a nice "neutral" contrast colour. One of the books I ordered from Amazon is 101 Folk Art Designs for Counted Cross Stitch, and I think it'll have some lovely patterns for two-colour knitting. Black would be a better contrast colour, but I'm not a big fan of black. I basically want to design my own Kristina Bag, which only uses one ball of each of Noro and Cascade... but I want mine bigger. I'm thinking 2 balls of Noro and 3 of Cascade should produce a decent sized bag, and any leftovers can be made into more fun potholders to RAOK people with.

And would you look at this latest Alison Effect:
Alison effect
Her powers seem to be increasing. They've *doubled* since the last spike. I'm impressed! ;)

Oh... and with my Saturday experiment... I got more hits this Saturday, but it's still the lowest point of the week, even with no posts on Friday. Conclusion? Everyone's off having fun on Saturday, and it has nothing to do with my Saturday posts. ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love that noro colorway + think it would look good with forest as the base... hmm. I'll be very interested to see this bag!! :)

most of the yarn shops are having sales right now, clearing out for the fall lines that are on their way in...