Monday, June 06, 2005

Argh!

With a double "gh" "RRRR"!

Think of all the really nasty swear words you know. Now imagine a short, somewhat chubby, blonde woman saying them. That's me right now. (I'd write some out, but my education in this area is sadly lacking.)

I just got back from a trip to a not-so-close grocery store. A bus trip, in hot weather, because I don't have a car. I did my grocery shopping while I was there, but specifically went to this store because I'm out of glycerine soap, and this is the only store in Chapel Hill that I know of that carries glycerine soap. The store carries it no more. Glycerine soap is the only soap I know of that I can use. I'm down to a rather small amount. I used to stock up in Winnipeg every time I went home, but didn't last Christmas, because I thought I wouldn't be down here much longer (sarcastic ha ha), and I had found the one grocery store with glycerine soap in case I did need more. *sigh* I guess I'll have to ask my dad if he can mail me some. I imagine the shipping will be more than the stupid bar of soap.

Yes, I know about the glycerine style soap in craft stores, but there's something in it (probably to help it melt in the microwave) that I don't like.

Why is it that American's don't like glycerine soap? Is it just that they haven't heard of it, or is it a local quirk like their waxy chocolate?

Then, in a "kick me while I'm down" bit of luck, a mosquito bit me smack in the middle of my forehead. So, while imagining the blonde fishwife swearing, add a red, dime-sized, itchy welt to her forehead.

No comments: