I would like to complain about the driving of one of your drivers.I had to rant too. Rant over now. (I'll let you know if they send me a response that makes me dislike them less. Or more.)
This morning, one of your trucks was driving on Redwood in the curb lane just before the bridge. There is a puddle that is in this lane in all but the driest weather. Although your truck wasn't speeding, it didn't slow down or move into the middle lane (which it needed to do anyway to go over the bridge), and as a consequence I was splashed from head to foot, even though I was on the side of the sidewalk farthest from the road.
Personally, I already dislike your business since it pollutes the environment and uses natural resourses, driving trucks around for the sole purpose of advertising. Your driver not being careful to not splash pedestrians makes me think even worse of your company, and any company that would choose to advertise with you.
Update #1: Response from the person I e-mailed:
I have advised the Winnipeg owner of the situation (I live in Montreal). He will be contacting you by email. I'm really sorry that you got splashed, I would be upset also if it happened to me.
Thank you for taking the time to express your concerns.
Hope you have a nice weekend
Update #2: After this second e-mail, I no longer think they're evil. They should state some of these facts on their trucks in the margins though.
I apologize for the disrespect that was shown to you in regards to the splashing. Although I'm sure unintentional, we need to be more concerned for pedestrians than that.
As for your other objections, I would like to alleviate some of your concerns.
1. we proudly run Biodiesel in all of our trucks, a commitment that few in the vehicle fleet industry are willing to make.
2. at great expense we are members of the CRFA (Canadian renewable fuels association) http://greenfuels.org/membership.php. This organization furthers research into bio and other alternative fuels, something Lime Media Tucks takes very seriously. For this reason we contribute, promote and recommend the use of bio fuels
3. We do regular pickups and deliveries for a national courier. We try and make sure that our trucks presence on the road helps take another one off to avoid congestion.
4. We do regular pickups and drop-offs for Winnipeg Harvest. Two to three time a week our truck will pickup at locations far away for Winnipeg Harvest's warehouse. They would otherwise have to send out a large 5 ton truck every time a pick up was required. Now our smaller, biodiesel trucks can do this work for them and at no cost.
5. We are members of Imagine Canada http://www.imaginecanada.ca/?q=en/node/119. This is an organization that ensures that we follow critical corporate giving procedures. They ensure that the nations largest corporations fulfill their giving mandate and they do the same for Lime Media. We're only one year old and we've already had charity event in Toronto for the benefit of the CAFB (Canadian Association of Food Banks) and we're a small Winnipeg company! http://limegroup.ca/events.html
6. We regularly run free advertising for non-profits like Crime Stoppers, Canadian Blood Services, Winnipeg Harvest and Variety.
So please don't be hard on our advertisers, they know full well what we do in the community, for charities across the country and our environmental procedures - they wouldn't advertise on our trucks if it wasn't the case.
Thank you for showing us your concern, I hope we have shown ours our the same,