Monday, November 26, 2007

Crochet Socks


Crochet Socks

I still need to weave in the ends... I want to check the fit first, though. (This yarn is a bit thinner than usual, and I'm wondering if I also crocheted them tighter than usual.)

I've started socks for Deneen now, from yarn she sent me. When I started, I noticed that it's thicker than standard sock yarn... and checking the label, it's 300 yards in 100g, not 400. Since Deneen has small feet, the small yardage shouldn't be a problem, but I'm not sure if the gauge will be bigger than normal. I doubt the difference will be enough to make them not fit, so I plan to go ahead as usual.

6 comments:

Deneen said...

Well crapola, I never checked, just grabbed-ankle socks are fine withme.

They came out great-I found someone on ebay-Yarn Treehouse that had the Melody and it came in the other day-curious to check it out. BTW, I am keeping a new leftover sock yarn bag for you and by January, you should have some coming your way.

noricum said...

I'll see how long I can get them. I think I would have probably made the same mistake. I didn't actually notice the difference until I started crocheting them.

Oooo! Thank you!!! :)

Kate said...

How funny, I chose Jojoland Melody in the same colorway for my socks. You give good pattern advice & have great taste!

noricum said...

Thanks. :)

Dottie said...

I Love The Color Of These Socks, What Is It & Where COuld I Find It At
Dottie In Va

noricum said...

I believe it's Jojoland Melody. You could try googling to see who still carries this. (This post is, after all, from over four years ago, and yarns change.)