Saturday, June 25, 2005

Forced Laziness

Here I am, having a lazy day. I finished reading Alta this morning... well, sort of morning. I finished before having my shower. The book was quite enjoyable, and I look forward to the last in the series coming out in paperback... even though I heard it wasn't as good as the first two, and mostly just tried to wrap the story up into a neat tidy package. But then, Mercedes Lackey likes doing that.

I've been doing laundry while I read... but not terribly actively. I figured that since I only have three loads, being super-prompt wasn't all that important. Three loads before bedtime isn't much. It's come back to bite me now... I only have two pairs of shorts that fit, and both are dirty... and just happen to be in the last load, which isn't even in the wash yet! So no going out for me. I only just discovered this, since I only had my shower at 3. ;) Now I sit here in a tank top and undies, eating a popsicle.

Cool... I noticed on the package that they're made in Canada. I'm feeling very patriotic as I sit here in my undies. I may be far from home, but I'm supporting my economy!

Looks like we also export really tacky humour to educate the American young. The joke on my stick: What is the most musical bone? A trombone.

Can this be some pathetic act of Canadian revenge?

As you can tell, I have really deep thoughts, sitting around in my undies.

I do have some fabric that I got on sale, intending to make into shorts. I wonder how funny they would turn out if I tried making shorts without using a pattern? Do I dare experiment? Will the experiment be worth it? In other words, if I'm too embarrassed to be seen in public in them, I'm no better off than I am just sitting here in my undies. Of course, I'll probably also want a zipper for them, and I don't have a zipper. Unless, of course, I pillage one from a pair of shorts that don't fit any more.

Another alternative is to pine away here with no groceries (the reason I was considering going out), until my old shorts fit. Although I imagine my other shorts will be out of the wash long before my pining does any good.

So I guess I'll just make the best of it.

Ah... the dryer just stopped. Time to flip the loads, and put my shorts in the wash.

No comments: