Thursday, June 02, 2005

The Cheque is in the Mail

No! Really! It is! ;)

This morning I stopped by the post office to mail some stuff (including a cheque) to my cousin, and some roving to Jess. The post office guy (I should really learn his name) squished the package, and asked what it was. (I think squishy overstuffed envelopes get sent at the envelope rate, and non-squishy overstuffed envelopes get charged the package rate.) I figured he wouldnt't have a clue if I said "roving", so I instead said "wool." He'll probably assume yarn, but that's close enough... I'm sure Jess intends to make it into yarn. ;)

Most impressively, I made it out of the post office unscathed! Sure, I plunked down $1.66 for the two envelopes, but I actually made it past the sale book cart (50% off!) without buying anything! I'm very impressed with myself. Baby steps. I will learn control in a bookstore one little step at a time. ;)

No comments: