Monday, June 20, 2005

Bad Smells

Notes to self:

1) Ben & Jerry's ice cream tastes good, but contains eggs. Eggs give me gas. Smelly gas. Do not eat Ben & Jerry's if planning on going out in public in the next 24 hours. Danger, Will Robinson! Danger!

2) When the pantry starts smelling like dead fish, check the potatoes. Check them well. Even if I only bought them recently, and the ones on top look fine. Do not trust the potatoes. They are tricksy, my precious.

3) Homemade hummus tastes yummy. Adding 6 cloves of garlic instead of 3? (Because some were small, and then you might as well finish off the head.) Probably healthy. Tastes yummy. Likely ensures all after-lunch meetings end quickly.

Anyone else interested in homemade hummus? I make it myself because I'm alergic to sesame seeds. Here's my recipe:

2 cans organic garbanzo beans (aka chick peas, ~15 oz cans?), drained and rinsed
3 (or more) cloves garlic, minced
3 tbsp lemon juice (check the best before date... expires fast)
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp paprika

Add all ingredients to a large bowl, and mash with a potato masher to the desired consistency. (Lumps add nice texture.)

To quote my dad, "Easy, huh?"

3 comments:

hi, i'm natalie said...

MMM... homemade hummous... I LOVE hummous! Bet it would be great with your homemade pita, too!

noricum said...

That's how I eat it! :)

Saun said...

I loved the Lord of the Rings quote. That's my favorite.

Thanks for the hummus recipe. I love the hummus from Whole Foods but its so expensive. This will definitely be better.