Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Tired

I'm tired... and have been for a while. Months, it seems like. Sleeping doesn't help much. I do sleep. I'm just tired all the time... and can sleep more, given the chance. K's started going to an "integrative health" place... run by a doctor that was trained in Western medicine, but has also learned Eastern medicine. They have a "whole body" outlook... they try to figure out what's causing everything, not just individual symptoms. If it works for K, I'm thinking of trying it too. The nurse practitioner she saw thinks it may be a hormonal imbalance. I did some reading... maybe that's what's causing my problems too... from the tiredness to depression to weight gain. I am on the pill... which could be causing the other problems, but I can't just go off the pill... it's what prevents my horrible monthly cramps. (Which were so bad, I'd lose an entire day to pain each month... pain nearly as bad as my kidney stones.)

I'm supposed to visit my doc here in July, so I'll see what he thinks... whether he has any solutions for my tiredness, or if he thinks Plum Springs might be worth a shot. I'll also be talking to my doc in Winnipeg while I'm there, and maybe she'll have some ideas.

I can't work when I'm tired. Not making progress makes me feel like crud. Great feedback, huh? :P Then there's my advisor asking for progress reports, and I feel even more like crud, because I don't have a reasonable amount of progress to report. *sigh* Maybe I'll do better tomorrow. I sure hope so.

On the upside, I'm nearly done the falling leaves socks, so I'll be able to start my sockapal2za socks any day now. (I don't want to have more than two pair going at once.)

Well, I'm for bed... tomorrow is another day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry things are so rough right now. :( Being tired all the time sucks (just ask me - the Queen of naps!) I really hope things get straightened out soon.

Saun said...

I was going through a similar thing and after shelling out a whole lot of money to the wonderful Duke Hospital (worthless bunch I tell you) I took someone's advice and looked at the foods I was eating. It turns out I have some food allergies/intolerances that affect my nutrient absorption, etc. which makes me tired and sick. Look into that before you spend a lot of time and money with doctors.

noricum said...

Thanks.

I do have allergies, but I do make sure to avoid the foods that I'm most allergic to. I can't avoid them all... it wouldn't leave much left! I do take vitamins to make up for my pathetic diet.