Thursday, June 23, 2005

Mail

No love in the mailbox today... not even a bill or a flyer. Of course, I've got a phone bill from a couple of days ago that I've been saving. (Or something.)

However, I did get two e-mails saying that yarn bliss will soon be mine! One from overseas saying my Weasley kit (and two balls of "blueberry" worsted for a Sophie) are now winging their way to me, and one from TheKnitter.com saying my sockapal2za yarn is also coming. (Can you believe someone has finished already!? I'm so astonished, that I think this is the second time I'm commenting on it.)

Lots of sockly progress here today. Falling leaves is past the heel, I finished off one toe sock, and, due to a group meeting, I made quite decent inroads on mom's socks, even though I only started them this morning. If I'm lucky, I'll finish either falling leaves or mom's socks before my sock pal's yarn arrives... I want to start them when the yarn arrives, yet I'd also prefer not to have three pairs of socks in progress. I had been making such nice progress about cutting down my WIPs, but recently I've been backsliding.

I had intended to make some progress on the LB throw, but my wrist was clicking even with just socks, and the TV movie I was planning on watching (The Mexican) turned out to be something else (Married with Children, I think). So I read Alta instead.

I was bad, and stayed up until nearly 1 am yesterday... I *must* exert more willpower tonight! (I exerted willpower with the yarn recently... so willpower for bedtime must be possible, right?)

Well, it's late, so I'll go brush my teeth, and maybe read one more chapter before bed. ;)

No comments: