Thursday, June 09, 2005

Emergency!

Egad! Even thoug I only had a small amount left to go on my Easter egg socks, and knew I had a meeting today, I didn't put two and two together to realize I was going to run out of sock before my meeting! What will I do to keep awake?!? I definitely need to keep a small stash of emergency sock yarn in the office.

There's a little bit of yarn left over... not enough to make complete toe socks, but I'll at least start some, and use some leftover black from Bob's socks to finish them off later. I think the pastel stripes with a black band might look kind of classy. Hopefully I'll also have enough left over from Bob's socks to do a completely black pair. "To wear with a little black dress." ;) (Not that she has a little black dress, but I think it'll be a cute saying to go with that pair.)

I should have lots of leftovers from Bob's socks. I originally bought two balls of variegated yarn, then decided they wouldn't be enough, and bought two balls of black to stripe with the variegated yarn. I was going to make a pair of socks for myself out of the leftovers, but I doubt I'll have enough for his socks, my socks, *and* toe socks for grandma S, and toe socks for grandma S takes priority over yet more socks for me.

I'll post a photo of the Easter egg socks tonight. (I don't have my camera here with me.)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

did you change around your feeds? I swear your feed used to be a full one, but now it's a truncated version. :)

noricum said...

I didn't play with it, it changed on it's own. Quite a while ago, actually. It seemed to do it when I wrote a whole bunch of posts... I figured blogger was trying to put me on a post diet or something. I don't think I havd control over it, but I'll go poke around the settings again.

Anonymous said...

Oftentimes, they show up as truncated and first, and then when I load my lj friends page later, they're full entries.

But not ALL entries show up as truncated at first. It's kinda random actually.

noricum said...

Bizarre. I checked my settings, and I have it set to full entries. :P