Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Blah

I got free pizza, but giving demos is exhausting. I gave a bunch of little 15 minute demos, which is just long enough to get them really bored if I describe what I do, but not long enough to fold some origami. (My demo title was "Origami"... because some of what I do is "folding," and I help J with his Paper to Proteins class.) Missy only asked me to do the demos yesterday. The kids were in grades 7 and 8, which is usually the age I do modular polyhedra with, but 15 minutes is way too short. I'm rambling and repeating myself, but after repeating myself every fifteen minutes for two hours straight... my brain is mush. I was supposed to talk informally at lunch hour with the girls, but some lady from the university talked too long... but that may have been because the demos ran late. At any rate, I got to eat pizza while the girls asked the univeristy lady about the social life in the dorms... totally not what they were "supposed" to be asking, but apparently what they were interested in.

I like free pizza, but I don't like mushy brain. I now need to apply my mushy brain to the molecular conjecture, to see if I can "rescue" a proof. (J and B think they have one, but I'm not so sure. So I guess first I have to understand what their rough write-up means before I can poke holes in it... and it's tough going, when there are \cap vs \cup typos to contend with. J and B are over in Europe, so we can only communicate via text.)

Well, I think I'll let my mush brains recover with a tiny bit of blog reading before I reattack the proof.

Mushily yours...

No comments: