Monday, June 13, 2005

Mail!!!

I got MAIL today! Lots! I feel so loved! :) Look at all the mail I got:
Mail!
Isn't that amazing? Three packages and a card. :) I got so excited, I had to take pictures of everything! (Well, except the card... I'm new at flickr, and am not really sure how many pictures I'll want to upload on an average month... and the free limit isn't *that* big.)

1. Thanks for the card Alison! I'm really glad you like the socks. :) And if you can't fix mine, don't worry. I'll love them even if I never get to wear them.

2. Thanks Colette! The buttons you sent me for the swap arrived today. :) I didn't mind waiting. Wow! Look at all the nifty buttons:
Buttons
I love the little blue ones, and the white one with the metal trim, and the clear one, and the... um, you get the picture! ;) I love the tissue paper you used too. (I love old maps... they're so neat!)

3. Thanks Natalie! I opened the package and found *two* bars of glycerine soap!
Soap
And, um, they looked eerily familiar. Oops. Do they actually sell this around here? Did I try it back in 1999, decide I wasn't fond of it, and then forgot it existed? I'll feel really stupid if that's the case. Well, I'm going to try it out tomorrow morning, and will let you know how it works. :)

4. Last, but definitely not least, I got a nice, big, yarny package from Jess:
Yarn
Most of this yarn will become toe socks for my grandma, and the white yarn will become a little R2D2 ornament, to go with Darth Tater. ;) (I have such great friends that they'll let me raid their stash! Don't worry... I'm sending (& sent) stuff to Jess in return.) I've already converted the lovely yellow/orange/red merino into toe socks. At 2.5" they're a bit short. Since this yarn seems about DK weight, I'll use some charcoal merino I have for my wool blanket to lengthen them a little bit. :) I shouldn't have any trouble with running out with any of the other colours, though. :) I'll post pictures when I have a few pairs done. ;)

Other news around here:

I do not like it, Sam I am. I do not like the weight I am. *sigh* Yet, did that stop me from eating four cookies and a popsicle to get me through washing dishes? No. Did I get on my exercise bike tonight? No. *Must* work on willpower! And NOT being tempted by cookies and yarn! (I wanted to do toe socks instead of riding my bike.)

I'll try to be better tomorrow night. At least I won't have to wash dishes before dinner tomorrow. ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

dang, I was hoping the red/orange/yellow would be plenty! it is thicker than normal, but the socks I made with it are really soft... heh.

[and taller than my usual socks, so maybe that's why there's not much left ;) ]

Rebecca said...

when you figure out the answer to the willpower thing... let me know *sigh* shhh, i missed the gym this morning. ugh

noricum said...

Will do. :P