Sunday, June 05, 2005

Lovely Day

I've had an absolutely lovely relaxing day! My phone call with my mom was pretty short, but they're travelling right now, and not using their regular phone plan. Then Suzanne let me know she wouldn't be coming over today, so that freed up the entire day... well, I still have grocery shopping, dishes, and pita bread to do, but not having someone over really frees up how I plan my day.

Since there's nothing good on broadcast TV tonight, I meandered over to the front office to pick up a video or two. Pickings were pretty slim, so I ended up with "Raising Helen" and "Uptown Girls." For some reason teeny-bopper chick flicks aren't too popular in my subdivision, and thus are frequently available. If either of them are any good, I'll let you know.

Once back, I decided to stay in... it's hot outside, and nice and cool inside. Groceries can wait until after dark. (I temporarily regretted my decision when it started to rain later on in the afternoon, but the rain has passed.)

I sat on the couch and read a library book. When I felt like getting up and moving, I did. I folded some laundry, and worked at clearing the flat surfaces. Not only did I finish my book and have a wonderfully relaxing day, but I found my craft table! I haven't seen that in ages!

To celebrate my newly uncovered craft table, I got out several pairs of old jeans to cut up and make into a "quilt." I've only ripped one seam so far, but I'm having fun, and that's what counts! (And having a single craft occupy the craft table is okay, as long as it's the one I want to be working on.)

Well, I think I'll go wash my dishes now. I'm getting hungry, and I need to wash a few things before I can cook dinner.

I hope you had a really nice day too! Later!

No comments: