Sunday, June 19, 2005

Shower Curtrain

Shower Curtrain
Shower Curtrain

Well, I finished my shower curtain, except for adding the grommets. (The grommet kit hasn't arrived from Amazon yet... I only ordered it on Friday.)

When I was nearly done, I found myself asking "why." Why did I spend nearly two days making a shower curtain? I'm a grad student... do I really need a "pretty" shower curtain? When I add in the cost of my time, is making it myself really a good deal?

Although sewing isn't my favourite craft, I decided that yes, I was having fun, and I *will* enjoy it until it wears out. So yes, it was worth it.

I went with two blocks instead of three across the top. It meant a bit less sewing, and I'll have some of the batik fabric left over for my quilt. :) You can't really see it in this photo, but it's a pretty mottled blue with yellow leaves. If I have spare flickr bandwidth at the end of the month, I'll post a close-up of the fabric. ;)

2 comments:

Pam said...

You made a shower curtain because you could. And not many people can say that. And because cotton is nicer than vinyl.

Nice job!

noricum said...

Thanks! This is actually my second. My first was just a decorative one that needed a liner... it was made from material sold as shower curtain material, but it let a fine mist out.

Shower curtains aren't that hard... they're just squares. ;)

Cotton is definitely nicer than vinyl!!!