Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Massacre

I came home to discover a massacre had occurred in front of my apartment. The carnage had been hauled away, but the result was evident. My shrubs have been mutilated.

Before: thick, lush shrubs, about 5-6 feet tall, with suckers shooting up another 2-3 feet. (Yes, the suckers needed to be dealt with.)

After: 2 foot twigs sticking out of the ground, with a little bit of green here and there.

I don't know where my complex hires these landscapers, but they seem to be clueless when it comes to pruning a shrub so that it looks nice. (The only reason these looked thick and lush is that I had snuck in a little care myself.)

Ironically, they didn't prune the eucalyptus tree (which they had lopped off as a shrub the last go around). Why do I mention this? After the last lopping, the stress caused half the remaining branches to die. It would have been nice if they had removed the dead branches.

No comments: