Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Sockapal2za

Here, in no particular order, are my other ideas for my autumn-loving sock pal:

1) Lang Jawoll 0118:
sockapal2za sock options
Total cost = $5.50 x 2 = $11

The last three options I'm considering is to use three colours, alternating narrow stripes of each, with solid coloured heels and toes:

2) Regia 1994/315/327:
sockapal2za sock optionssockapal2za sock optionssockapal2za sock options
Total cost = $5.95 x 3 = $17.85

3) Silja charcoal heather/dark red/tan:
sockapal2za sock optionssockapal2za sock optionssockapal2za sock options
Total cost = $4.49 x 3 = $13.47

4) Soft Touch Heather charcoal/cajun spice/sand:
sockapal2za sock optionssockapal2za sock optionssockapal2za sock options
Total cost = $7.50 x 3 = $22.50

What do you think of these options? I naturally have a preference for the cheaper ones... being a starving student and all. ;) I also *love* my Lang Jawoll socks... they're *soooo* lovely and soft... so I think that's a plus too. I've never tried Silja or Soft Touch Heather, but their descriptions sound nice. (Oh... I should mention... if I order sock yarn (instead of using that ball from my stash), I'll be shopping at TheKnitter.com, because they have free shipping, and a better selection than my LYS. Either that, or I can buy some yarn in person at Ram Wools when I'm home in August. That wouldn't give me much time to make my sock pal's socks, but I'd have enough time.

Striping with three colours will probably be a bit of a pain (keeping the yarn from tangling, etc.), but would be more of a "personal touch" than just using a self-striping yarn.

Hmmm... decisions, decisions!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree, Lang Jawoll is great, but doing the stripes yourself does make it extra special. Tough choice, but all of them great. I'm wondering if I could be your sock pal. I didn't use the term "autumn," but those are all colors I like. By the way, you're much farther along in the yarn selection process than I am!
--One of the Alisons