Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Thank You

To whomever googled me with the terms "grandma's potato salad." I just happened to make it tonight, and seeing this in my site statistics had me wondering if I had included the recipe here. I checked that post, and indeed I had. And it turns out the reason my salad didn't taste quite the same tonight was because I had forgotten the onion!

I'm bad that way... the other day I was making pizza, and couldn't figure out why it didn't taste as good as last time. Turns out I had forgotten the garlic and olive oil. Then there was Monday night when I was thinking of making the "candied beef" that my dad had sent me the recipe for. I decided I'd make it if I saw some nice beef at the grocery store. I bought some beef, but forgot that the recipe also called for "Chipotle pepper in Adobo sauce"... not something I have hanging around. Turns out I also didn't have the corn starch like I thought. Oh well... I made some creative substitutions, and came up with something fairly edible.

No comments: