Thursday, March 24, 2005

Yikes!

No walk for me today. K's swamped, so I said I'd walk by myself... although I changed my mind when she e-mailed me this: "Be careful - there are crazy people out. Some guys just came in here chasing other guys with knives, and T had to call the police." Good for T... she told the bad guys they had to "take that out of here", and then called the police. That has to take some guts, telling guys with knives what to do.

But yikes! What's this town coming to? From the hallway discussion, they caught the guys with knives (mostly black with one white), but the guys being chased (latinos) were unarmed, and looked rather beat up when talking to police. Was it gang related? Racism? Whatever it is, it happened in the middle of the flipping day in a good part of town, not late at night in some back alley!

I'll just enjoy the sun streaming in through my window, and get my exercise tonight on my in-a-locked-house bike. (It's still "that time", but my scale said some very nasty things to me this morning.)

3 comments:

noricum said...

Hrmm... I think this may be my first spam comment. I think I shall leave it here, in honour of it being the first, but any others will be deleted.

Maeve said...

that's a pretty awesome spam comment, though! very poetic... and nothing about penis enlargement or viagara from canada!

noricum said...

Yes, it's much better than it could have been. Penile enlargement would have been trashed, first spam or not! This one took me a moment to decide it was spam. (Hiddenfish, if you're not spam, let me know.)