Friday, March 18, 2005

Pictures!

Here's my latest socks:

The cyan/magenta/yellow pair are my KnitPicks socks, and the other pair are what I was formerly calling "primary socks" on my sidebar, but have decided to call "red sprial socks". Two reasons... orange really isn't a primary colour, and my KnitPicks socks come closer to being primary colours.

The red spiral patterning is rather interesting. Oh... and Josie, that store clerk was right. This particular brand needs three balls. :P Oh well... ankle socks will do. ;) And with this pair, I tried out a new modification that I really like! I've added a few increases to the top of the foot opposite the heel... it really helps with what was formerly a tight band.

Now... do I start a *new* pair of socks for me, frog and restart Bob's socks, or wait for my sockapalooza pal to send her socks back for modifications? (I think I may have made them too small, so told her to send them back if they don't fit.) Oh... sock pal... if you send them back, I'll also add my latest modification which is really nice! (Assuming you don't like them the way they are. I do want you to like them! I will do any modifications to make them great!) Hmmm... I mailed them on Tuesday... I wonder when she'll get them?

Speaking of sockapalooza, I've been feeling like it's an unknown Christmas around here... someday soon, I should be getting my sockapalooza socks, as well as a GISBE package! I've been seeing lots of nifty socks in progress... I wonder which is my pair? All of them are so pretty!

And here, finally, is fuzzy wuzzy:

(I edited the picture slightly from the original... just in case you can't tell. ;) )

4 comments:

pfirsch said...

I like how the socks turned out, but as ankle socks, they look cool, too.

It's good to know that you DO need 3 balls, because the sock yarns are on sale now. If I get myself some, can I take you up on your offer to make me some socks?

Merry Christmas!

Deneen said...

Andrea-

They came out terrific! Is this the "Toe Up" pattern??

noricum said...

Thanks Deneen! Yes, these are "toe up", but with my own modifications around the heel. :)

Anonymous said...

I love the socks! :D

What's your heel modification? I was planning to change how I do my heels but haven't gotten to that point (too busy working on things other than socks right now)...