Thursday, March 17, 2005

More useful information

In attempting to get the statistics counter added to my site, I found the following two blogger articles that have useful information on stuff I recently blogged about:

Blogger has all sorts of useful articles... I just rarely remember to check there. (If I had, I wouldn't have had to pester people to find out how to add a statistics counter!)

Speaking of useful stuff and adding the statistics counter, I'd like to mention Pithhelmet. It's a great little plugin for Safari (the browser I use on my mac) that blocks pop-ups, controls annoying animations, blocks advertising, and lots of other useful stuff. Web browsing has been *much* nicer since discovering Pithhelmet. Why was I reminded of this? Um, well, because it seemed my statistic counter wasn't getting added to my site. I kept trying different methods, and looked for help articles (which is why I found the two links above). I finally realized Pithhelmet was blocking the site counter. (Okay, I guess it's not perfect.) I reloaded unfiltered, and there was my site counter. :) It's hiding waaaaaay down at the bottom of the page, where the wizard for assisting html-impared users decided to locate it. Yes, I used the wizard, but only after adding it myself didn't seem to work. I thought about moving it, but then decided it is just fine where it is. After all, who really cares how many people visit my site? ;)

No comments: