Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Googled

Do you ever google yourself? I do occasionally. I did just now... it's kind of interesting...

Most of the results had to do with my papers and talks, but interspersed were some non-academic links.

Pages 1-8 correctly had to do with me. Page 9 was the first with a reference that wasn't to me. It wasn't until page 14 that none of the links on the page had anything to do with me.

I find this kind of funny, because there are some friends from the past who I try to look up via google, and I can't find them. It's interesting what different paths our lives have taken.

I'm not going to put my full name here, because I don't want my blog showing up with my academic links. I couldn't keep using this as cheap therapy if it did. ;)

1 comment:

KelliAmanda said...

Yep - I'm easy to find via google. But I rarely (seriously!) can find old high school and even (occasionally) college friends by googling them. Which is just weird, I think. How can there not be anything about someone on the web in a publicly accessible place in today's day and time? It baffles me.