Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Ring Around The Rosies

This ring ain't no posie.

Last time I ran out of toilet bowl cleaner, I decided to give that Chlorox "teflon" stuff a shot. Well, it hasn't been that long, and I've got a nasty ring around the bowl. Even after cleaning it again tonight, the top still isn't pristine. I think I'm less than impressed with this "teflon" stuff. The question is, do I shell out now for another new bottle of cleaner, or do I continue using this stuff until I graduate? I'm cheap... I guess I'll keep using it, even if it means having to clean more often. :P

Tonight I made pudding! (My milk was due to expire... use it or lose it. ;) ) Mmmmm....

Oh, and that Yooper bar had an extremely short shelf life. I tried a corner the first night, and it didn't survive the second. Oops.

I should have gotten back on my exercise bike tonight, but it's "that time", and there are certain discomforts I'd prefer to avoid.

Hmmmm... this is not the most pleasant post. Well, how about I post crocheted stuff.

Here's my latest afghan squares:

The third one (the completely plain one) isn't finished... it will have some embroidery similar to the heart square, but this time in a floral motif. Also, I couldn't stay away from socks:

I'm calling this pair my turquoise socks, but equally good names would be "subtle stripe" or "Monet's Irises". I love how they're turning out. I'm using two very similar colourways of Lang Jawoll (not cotton this time). The plies seem to like to separate and "bunch", but I love the colours. :)

Back to the bizarre... I'm wondering if maybe my carpal tunnel is also acting up because it's "that time". I know my knees, hips, shoulders and elbows have been whining occasionally the past few days as well, and one day those whines in my legs felt kind of crampy. Any of you other ladies with carpal tunnel notice a pattern?

Well, I had thought about doing my dishes tonight (that would make two nights in a row!), but I think an alternate "being good" idea would be to go to bed now. I was up too late last night, and subsequently slept in too long this morning. Good night!

4 comments:

Rudbeckia Hirta said...

I think that your hunch is right -- I have a car-accident-related injury to my back, and it behaves similarly. The physical therapist I was seeing explained a possible mechanism (something involving hormones, ligaments, and inflammation, I think?) that I have since forgotten.

Anonymous said...

those socks look great! :)

I think your hunch may be right or at least partially -- but the weather here (so presumably down there also) has been changing, and it's been damp. When the weather changes drastically, my cts acts up. Barometric pressure changes and the like -- you know the jokes about the old people who can "feel a storm coming" in their knee?

So, it could be a combination of things.

noricum said...

Yeah, my joints are affected by the weather too. So I guess this week is a "lucky coincidence"... with double the fun. :P

;)

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm, I'll have to track it, but you might be right, my carpal tunnel may be worse during THAT time.