Saturday, March 05, 2005

Bits & Pieces


What Flavour Are You? Hmmm... Tastes like Chicken.Hmmm... Tastes like Chicken.


Am I chicken? Am I a frog? Am I human? All unfamiliar meats taste like chicken, and that's what I am, an unfamiliar meat. What Flavour Are You?


And now for humour mixed with politics (just the way we Canadians like it), check out this letter to Condi. (Link found on J.T.'s blog... a fellow Canadian. Hi J.T.!)

I frogged half a sock this morning... I had made it a bit shorter, because I've been noticing the pattern makes them a bit long. It ended up a bit tighter than I'd like, so took it back down to the heel. I need to frog the heel on the second sock (luckily not much done on the leg on that one), but that can wait for later.

I have a bunch of squares I made out of purple and periwinkle yarn leftover from one of my sweaters. I was experimenting with different stitches, and figured I'd make a small afghan out of the squares. Now that I'm making my LB Homespun throw, I don't think I'll have any use for another small afghan, so I think these'll become RAOK squares. I need to enlarge them somewhat, because they're only about 5.5-6.6", and, after checking the list of those I have yet to RAOK, only really fit one person, who wants bigger squares. It shouldn't take too much to enlarge them. I think I'll send along the extra yarn, in case she'd like to make more matching squares.

I cleaned my shower today... my apartment now smells like chlorine, and my lungs are whining. Blech. But the mildew was returning, so I needed to do something about that. :P One day I will earn enough money that I can hire someone to clean my apartment. I hope. Yet another reason to finish my PhD. ;)

I think I'll try to tidy parts of the rest of my house, and do other "catch-up" things while I'm feeling productive.

The air outside has that nice "fresh rain" scent. I had my doors open for a bit, but it itsn't quite warm enough out to leave them open for too long.

I hope you're having a nice day!

1 comment:

hi, i'm natalie said...

Hi Andrea! Just thought I'd drop by and say hello!