Monday, March 21, 2005

Good Day

I would say great day, but there were a few downs to go with my great ups. :) I think I'll skip the downs, and just talk about the ups. ;)

Up: I made it to school today by about 9:15. Pretty good, given how tardy I've been getting! I'm trying to keep to getting up early, like I did last week for the workshop. (Okay, last week I was making it in for 8:15, but 9:15 is still pretty good... especially since I beat my officemate by several minutes. ;) )

Up: I went for my lunchtime walk with Kelli. We didn't manage to walk last week, so it was nice to get out again today. There won't be too many more days before the allergies keep me in. :P (Oops, that was a down... and I'm sticking to ups!)

Up: I got *fun* mail today! No junk mail, no bills, but *two* RAOKs and my latest BCBSNC exercise reward! Here's my mail... with all my other RAOK postcards as well, since I haven't posted photos of any of them:

Today's RAOKs were both from a wonderful "fairy" in Michigan. I got a postcard, and a package with a lovely note, a "Yooper bar" (chocolate... mmmmm!), and a dishcloth! At first I was tempted to convert my dishcloth to an afghan square, since it was exactly the right size, but I'm not sure how well adding a cotton square to a wool blanket will work. And, if I use it as a dishcloth, I can remember my friendly fairy every time I have to wash dishes! :) Thanks fairy, you're yooper! (Um... make that super!)

The mug is the exercise reward I chose. Now I'll have a great travel mug for my Adagio teas. :) Now I just have to decide which one I prefer hot to cold... I seem to prefer most of them cold, for some reason.

Since my wrist is acting up, I continued to work on afghan squares instead of snowflakes. The first one turned out a perfect size, so I went with a theme, as you can see:

They're all the same size, even though they don't look it in the photos. I modified the design from square #19 in the 63 squares booklet. I used my Emu Superwash from Ram Wools. It's softer than I initially thought it was. :) I think it must be somewhat thinner than my Filatura di Crosa, because the squares seem, um, "flimsier". Tomorrow I'll do a square in sc (striped, of course), for a better comparison. (I'm going to continue with squares for a bit, to give my wrist a break from socks.)

Up: Speaking of socks, another piece of good news! My sockaPALooza pal got her socks, and loves them! Now I can let the secret out of the bag... my sock pal is the Alison of the blue blog. Now you know why I was a bit nervous? But she loves them!!! Both of them. Yes, I made her two pairs. Which is good, given that I did indeed make the blue pair too small. (Oops! I overcompensated for my formerly loose gauge!) But she's sending the blue pair back, and I'll make them bigger. (I wanted her to try them on before I totally frogged them down... no sense frogging if I don't need to.) Anyways, here they are (sans feet):

I think it's neat the way they fit inside the yarn labels. ;) I don't have any "with feet" photos yet... I'll post some if I get some. :) Oh, and the pair on the right is blue, they just look black in the photo for some reason.

Thanks for all the well-wishes on my wrists. :) They aren't as bad as they were last fall, I just have to remember to take care of myself. ;)

Oh, and one last thing. On those progress bars, if you don't put the text in the bigger box, your boxes might get stretched. Examples of unstretched boxes:
5%
primary socks

95%
primary socks

Example of stretched boxes:
5%
primary socks

95%
primary socks

2 comments:

DAWN said...

My favorite "cold" tea from Adagio is their apricot green tea. YUM!

~ DAWN

noricum said...

That's funny... that's exactly what I'm drinking right now! :) I just added a touch of orange blossom honey.

Berry blast, valentines, and green pekoe blues are others that I enjoy cold. I haven't tried all my different teas yet. I frequently add honey and lemon juice to tea I drink. The lemon juice just seems to "brighten" the flavour.