Wednesday, March 16, 2005

I understand now.

The writing workshop I'm taking is awesome! I've finally figured out why I struggle so much with technical writing and essays. I wish I had had this workshop back in grade 10, right when I started honours English! I'm so impressed, I even shelled out the $50 for his book. (I assume it's one I'll actually read... it should be well written, at least. ;) ) I think, after I've read his book, that I'll recommend it to my high school teachers. (I want to read it first, just to make sure it's as good as his workshop... it's not a cheap book.)

Basically, now I understand why I had trouble making my writing "flow", and understand better now how to get my point across. I thought about not getting the book, and just using what I've learned in class, but this is such a breakthrough for me and my technical writing. I think maybe I won't even be struggling as much when I write. (I can blather along fine here, but when it comes to papers, it's like pulling teeth.) I know that if I don't get his book, I'll forget something, and then when I look at my notes, I'll wonder what I meant by what I rapidly scribbled down. Even if I don't end up continuing on in an academic field, just knowing that I *can* write will be worth it. If I do become a professor, guess what my students will be learning! ;)

Also accomplished this morning: I finished my knitpicks socks, and started again on my primary colours socks. (I frogged what I had, since the first attempt was too loose, and am now a wee bit further along... although not really enough to update my progress bar.) I'll post pictures tonight... or when I get around to it. ;)

No comments: