Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Score!

I stopped in at the campus bookstore to mail some yarn to Deneen, and discovered their sale book rack was now a "buck a book" rack! Yay! I treated myself to five books:
  • Art Techniques From Pencil to Paint: Light & Shadow by Paul Taggart
  • Braid and Knot Theory in Dimension Four by Seiichi Kamada (I have no idea if I'll understand anything in it... I have trouble in dimensions higher than three, but for $1, I couldn't resist.)
  • Betrayal: The Dhamon Saga, Vol 2 by Jean Rabe (In the DragonLance series. I haven't read volume 1, but, again, it was only $1)
  • Thai Bodywork by Niclaire Mann and Eleanor McKenzie (Looked potentially interesting... especially with my sore back.)
  • Quilt Style by Lucy A. Fazely

Um... I do sort of have a wide rang of interests, don't I?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They all look interesting to me, too! Woo! Lucky you!

[I liked working in n dimensions... it was neat. D7? what! ]

noricum said...

The problem I have is that I'm a very visual thinker, but I can't visualize higher than 3D. I did read a very interesting multidimensional knot theory article in Discover back in high school... it was fascinating!