Thursday, March 17, 2005

St Patrick's Day





Your Irish Name Is...








Michaela Kennedy





Hmmm... I think my mom did consider calling me Michael if I was a boy. I'm not sure I want to be a Kennedy, though... they seem to have exceedingly bad luck in the US. ;)

Differences & Similarities

I think St Patrick's day is pretty similar in Canada and the US. People wear green... except for the large fraction which either don't care or forget. There's a fascination with shamrocks. Beer drinkers go green for the day.

I noticed one difference on the news this morning. Bush invited over a bunch of Irish sisters, but not some Irish politician who is in town. (I forget who... it came on before I was fully awake.) Apparently there was a bit of a fluff over this. So I guess this is a day to make political statements about Ireland down here... I don't believe I've ever noticed this in the land up north. Of course, I could have been too asleep to notice. ;)

No comments: