Monday, September 26, 2005

Instructions Needed

You know those insulated coffee mugs? They *so* need to come with instruction manuals.

This morning I brewed some tea in the mug, then popped the lid on. Then I made my lunch (including making hummus), did the rest of the stuff I needed to do to get ready for school, then took me, my stuff, and my mug out to the bus stop.

I slooooooowly try to get a small sip to see if it's cooled down enough.

tilt... nothing

tilt... nothing

tilt... nothing

tilt... nothing

tilt... MOUTHFULLOFBURNINGLIQUID!!!SPITONGROUND!WHEREOHWHEREISCOLDWATER???

Um, yeah... tea still too hot to drink.

After I get to work, I decide to have another go.

careful tilt... nothing

careful tilt... nothing

careful tilt... nothing

careful tilt... nothing

careful tilt... AAARGHBURNINGLIQUID!!!

Yes, I am now wearing some of my tea. Luckily it's green tea (Tazo green ginger, with some of my special stash of Barbados sugar), and I'm wearing brightly coloured clothing, so hopefully it won't show when it's dry... or stain.

I'm going to try adding some cold water. Next time, I think I'll add an ice cube after brewing.

Oh... interesting (to me) factoid... this is post #1000 on my blog.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Definitely add an icecube, we use those too. I fill 'em up, ease one in and top it off to the very brim. Snap the lid on and pray I didn't get it too full and it sprays out all over the place. Those things are hazardous but GREAT in the colder months.

Joy said...

Gah! There is nothing worse than a burnt mouth!